At the start of the year, most people like to set goals for themselves or update their bucket lists. I am a very enthusiastic about both – to dream dreams is always a fun activity! Many people make use of a vision board to remind them regularly of their goals or bucket list items. Creating a travel vision board is one way to make sure you always keep your travel dreams alive!
What is a travel vision board?
A vision board is a concept that has become well known after the book, The Secret, came out a few years ago. It was not a new idea, but this book made it a buzz word.
A vision board is usually a poster or board with pictures of what you want to do or achieve. Some people do a vision board for a particular period, such as a year, while others do one for their longer-term wishlist items. For me, when it is focused on a shorter period, it becomes almost like a goal board, while the lifetime board is akin to a bucket list board.
A vision board visualise your dreams or goals. A vision board for travel is a board with pictures of places you would like to visit or things you would like to do.
The purpose of a vision board for travel
There are several reasons to create a vision board for travel:
- It helps you to remain focused and motivated when doing travel planning.
- Putting the vision board in a place that you see daily, it will always remind you of the places you want to visit. This can be a huge motivation when you need to save for a trip or take other actions to make the trips happen!
- When creating your board, choose the places and attractions you want to visit. This helps you clarify which destinations and attractions are a priority for you.
- Creating a vision board for travel is also a lot of fun! It requires you dream of places to see and things to do, which requires creativity and is fun!
What should be on a vision board for travel?
Your vision board should reflect your travel dreams and desires. It should reflect your personality – you can be as creative as you like! You can include pictures of destinations you want to visit, attractions you want to see or inspirational quotes! Anything goes. You need to create a board that will inspire you and keep you motivated, and you know best what type of content will achieve this.
Ways to create a travel vision board
Again, there are many ways to create a vision board for travel. Here are some options:
- You can create a physical vision board for travel by cutting out pictures of places you would like to visit from magazines or newspapers. You can also print photos from blogs and Instagram. Add quotes and messages to inspire you. Pin these to a corkboard or paste them on a large cardboard and then put it on a wall.
- Many people create a Pinterest board as their vision board. I also have one! I do not think it serves the purpose of such a board that well as I have to go to Pinterest and click on the board to view it. Seeing your board quickly and often makes Pinterest a better option for creating your bucket list which can be updated once in a while.
- You can also create a travel vision board picture using your computer and the internet. This is easy to do using PicMonkey or Canva.
Subscribe to my mailing list to get a free downloadable guide on making your travel vision board in Canva.
Ideal places to keep your travel vision board
If you don’t see your vision board often and easily, it will not serve its purpose. If you create a physical board, hang it in your bedroom or study area where you can see it whenever you get up in the morning or when you look up from working at your desk.
Some people create their vision boards for travel on a page in their planners or diaries. That way, they can see it daily as they use their planners or diaries.
If you are going the digital route, save it as your wallpaper on your laptop, desktop, tablet and phone. Make sure it is visible in as many places as possible to ensure the best success possible. The nice thing about the digital version is that you can even use it as a wallpaper on your work computer – no one will even know what you are staring at when you are looking at your computer screen!
You can put your travel vision board anywhere – just make sure it is some place you see it often!
I like vision boards because they are flexible tools to be used in any way that you desire!
Have you ever created a vision board? What about one for travel? Did it inspire you to take action to make your dreams happen? Do you prefer a physical vision board or a digital one?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Please note that this post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a small commission if you buy anything using the link, but it will cost you nothing extra.