Hi! I am so happy that you are here!
About Focused Travels
If you are a part-time traveler, you know what it’s like to want to travel, but not have enough time to really explore a destination fully due to a lack of time and/or money.
That is why I created Focused Travels – your time and money is precious, but you still want to see the best sights and make the most of your time when visiting your own or a foreign country.
About Sabs Mohamed
I am from Johannesburg in South Africa. My partner and I are both full-time professionals in the financial services sector. Although we find our jobs challenging and rewarding, we also love getting away from it all. We both love traveling – both locally and internationally. We love experiencing new things and exploring new places after work, during work trips and holidays.
This is where Focused Travels started. Since we work full-time and can only travel on a part-time basis, we need to maximize our time and money when it comes to our travels.
What you will find on the Focused Travels blog
I started this blog for several reasons. Initially, it was purely for keeping a record of our travels and keeping our friends and family up-to-date with what we have been up to. Since I plan all our trips (local and international) by ourselves from beginning to end, I then realized that I have learned some valuable lessons along the way, and wanted to share our experiences with others.
Through this blog, I hope to give a bit of guidance for those part-time travelers who feel overwhelmed when they have to plan a trip themselves. My blog posts include stories, tips, resources and review covering the following:
- Itineraries, routes, tips, and resources to experience the best South Africa has to offer;
- South African and international hotel reviews;
- Day trips and outings in and around Johannesburg;
- How to make the most of a work trip;
- Budgeting tips; and
- Itineraries, tips, and resources for international travel.
I hope you will find my posts useful and that it will inspire you to plan your own trips confidently! Join our mailing list to make sure that you never miss any of my posts!
Some of our most popular posts include:
- What train travel in Malaysia is like – Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth
- The 10 best online photo storage and backup sites for travellers
- How going up the Eiffel Tower became a disappointment
- How to spend 3 days in New York: our New York itinerary
- What to do during a layover in Madrid
Please follow me on social media for more travel tips and resources:
Let me know what you think, what you find interesting and useful and what I can improve on. I would love to engage with you on how I can further support you to do Focused Travels!